Secure Order Online decree absolute certificate A Secure, Fast and Simple service to obtain an government issued official certificate. Order Now
Decree Absolute

Success Stories
Carole Heather johnson (Hornchurch essex)
Excellent service
Date: 05/12/2011
Gordon Robert Goldsmith (Swindon Wiltshire)
Excellent service
Date: 05/03/2012

Search & Extract Service provides a fast and simple service to obtain an official Decree Absolute Certificate.

If you have lost your decree absolute and need a copy of a decree absolute or need a replacement decree absolute, we can help.

If you've been married or in a civil partnership before, you'll need evidence you're free to remarry or enter a new civil partnership. We can help you to get a copy of a divorce decree absolute or final order.

People may wish to apply for a search of the Central Index for a number of reasons, the most common of which are:

  • To obtain a copy of their decree absolute, if they have lost the original and no longer have a record of the case details
  • To find out whether they have been divorced, following a long separation from their spouse
  • To find out whether a friend or relative has been divorced
  • To help trace a family tree or other historical reasons

To order or get more information of Decree Absolute, choose the Country or region (England & Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland) where the divorce was registered form below.

England & Wales Decree Absolute

Order online Decree Absolute registered in England & Walse after 1st July 1858 to the current date.

Order NowMore Info

Scotland Decree Absolute

Order online official duplicate copy of Decree Absolute registered in Scotland after 1st January 1855 to current date.

Order NowMore Info

Northern Ireland Decree Absolute

Order online official copy Decree Absolute registered in Northern Ireland after 1st January 1864 to current date.

Order NowMore Info

What is Decree Absolute?

The Decree Absolute is the final certificate that legally dissolves the marriage. There is often a considerable delay between Decree Nisi and Decree Absolute while financial and childcare arrangements are negotiated.

To finalise your Divorce, Judicial Separation or Nullity you will need to apply for a "Decree". In divorce proceedings this is done in 2 stages.

You will first need to apply for what is called the "Decree Nisi".

After your partner has returned his or her "Acknowledgment of Service Form" to the court to say he or she does not oppose the divorce you may then apply for your Decree Nisi. You do this by completing an "Affidavit" and a "Request for Directions for Trial Form". You can obtain these two documents from your local County Court.

The court will send you and your partner a copy of your Decree Nisi. You must then wait 6 weeks and 1 day from the date of the Decree Nisi. You can then apply to make the decree "Absolute" (Permanent).

This is done by sending a "Notice of Application for Decree Nisi to be made Absolute Form" to the court, again you can collect this Form from the County Court.

How can we help you?

We will conduct a search to get a Decree Absolute to confirm whether a Divorce has been granted or produce a no trace to confirm that the Decree Absolute has not been granted, in some cases this can also mean that the Decree is at the Nisi stage.

Once the search for the decree record is conducted and a trace is found we will then arrange for the Official Duplicate Decree Absolute copy to be stamped with a Coloured seal and the final Decree copy will then be dispatched to you. Decree absolutes are also refered to as Divorce certificates, Divorce affidavit, Legal Decree, Divorce absolute etc.

We provide government approved and official Decree Absolutes, we are here to help. team will conduct a search to obtain an official Decree Absolute certificate to confirm a divorce has taken place or produce a "No Result" certificate to confirm no divorce has taken place in England and Wales.

Ready to Order? Let an Expert handle your certificate search!

Note: If we are unable to trace a match, we will provide a Negative search certificate.